Thursday, May 15, 2008

The World Is Yours !


" The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way people look at reality, then you can change it."

-- James Arthur Baldwin

What's up Everyone ! I hope all is well with ya. I've been steady on the grind as usual. I spent all last night and today putting together the marketing plan for the Rap Government "Campaign Trail EP" . This is the point where you stop brainstorming and start compiling your research into a strategic plan of action. It's definitely not an easy task. Marketing is way more than just a clever idea to get people's attention. Developing a formal marketing plan for a release is almost as important as recording the music. You're basically drawing out a blueprint for the success of the album. I'm hitting this thing head on...Failure is not an Option ! Careful Planning----->Brilliant Execution . I will post it for review as soon as it's finished. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Anyways, I decided against the red design of the cover. I think people will confuse it for a punk album. I'm all about going against the grain, but that's pushing it at this stage in the game. Here is the new cover. Click on the image to enlarge it :

Photobucket


It's not like anything else out there as far as design, yet it's still identifiable as a hip hop album. The musics like nothing else out there either, so the design had to capture that visually. We've got a few minor changes then this bad boy is going to the pressing plant. Operation = TakeOvertheWorld is in full effect.

I've been HEAVILY researching the wave of "new" Web 2.0 social networking sites, and I'm going to create an account with the most useful sites later tonight. I'll give you a full report of the sites, their capabilties, how they benefit us, and the ways you can reach us through them tomorrow.

Also, Thanks to Mike Disko and Salient Projects for all their hard work on this project. Mike took the Photo at the top, did the sleeve design, and edited this video :





Holler at them if you need anything .
http://www.mikediskophotography.com/salient.htm

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I def think that the black & white cover is the way to go. I like it a lot better then the red, especially with the new Rap Government logo. Good job!